Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Sewer dump valves
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #11
RussWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheavn View Post
Tim,

Russ,
Wow!!!! Changing them every few months? I was hoping for checking them annually. Have you tried coating the seal with silicone grease or vasoline? There is a forum discussion on the Bluebird forum that talks of installing the new seals dry and then coating with Dow 111. I believe that the company, Dupree Products, was sold & is now owned by a Bluebird owner.
Just to be clear - I am talking about the little annular seal that is in play when you connect the hose to the outlet of the valve. It is inexpensive, twenty cents or so, and is just an adhesive backed foam seal. It might be 1/8" thick, but gets compressed almost flat when you tighten up the ring that holds the adapter on. After a fairly short time it loses its ability to spring back and then a slight leak, in the form of a drop or two during dumping will be seen. I have a whole envelop full of them and just pull the old one off, remove the paper backing on the new one, and stick it on. It is really the only thing that bugs me about the Dupree connection.
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote