Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - side window on slide
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
RussWhite

Tom,

Yes, I have been there and dealt with that.

Yours looks the same so I will tell you what I did to get mine working again. In my case, there is one "10 lb catch" at the top right when looking at the shade from the inside. The fixed portion is on the shade, and the movable portion ( the part of the catch with the actual latch and spring ) does not move with the shade. The pop rivets had come out so it was necessary to remove the enitre wall to get access and replace the catch.
Now mine would go all the way up, just not stay there. I cannot imagine why yours hits a stop, but that will probably be obvious once to disassemble the wall.
Start by bringing in the slide about half way. Remove the valence that runs the entire length of the slide. It just sits in a channel and is removed by pushing up on it from the bottom. Two people would make removal easier and safer. I was able to remove the wall without removing the covering from the window behind the couch, but could not install the wall without removing that cover, so I would renmove that cover before I remove the wall if doing it again. If you look between the window and the cover you will see drywall type screws that must be removed.
I have attched some pictures of things disassembled. I am sure you will be able to take it from here.
Russ - high resolution pictures send via email
Attached Images

RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote