Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - side window on slide
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #7
encantotom

making progress on fixing the slide window shade. i took the top valence off like russ said. it was stuck so had to spend some time getting it off. my side cover over the window was held on with screws and not the latches. i found a couple of things. first is the latch was broken. second was the shade was caught beneath the window trim ring. that was because the side rail tracks on each side of the shade that newell had made out of soft pine had broken and the shade was moving around too much. i spent several hours figuring out how to get the end of the couch off to gain access to the window. btw, i also took off the big window upholstered window cover and darlene is going to reupholster it in a color she likes better.

i made new side rails for the window shade to slide up and down in out of oak which should be alot stronger.

i ordered ten new soutco latches since they are all over the inside of the coach.

we took the window blind out for darlene to clean up and the brackets broke of course so i ordered a bunch of them to have.

while it is all apart i will put the silicone on the slide to seal up the slide air bags.

makin progress?

tom
Attached Images

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote