Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Quantum Leap from, 10.5' Lance Camper to 1996 Newell #420
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
Flydrifter

Default Quantum Leap from, 10.5' Lance Camper to 1996 Newell #420

We just made a quantum Leap from our 10.5' Lance Overhead Camper to the 45' Newell. It served us well for the last 11 years, making many weekend bluegrass festivals, a few trips to places like Bar Harbor, Destin, Charlston, Great Smokey Mountains, etc. Overall we had pretty much everything (queen bed, cooktop, oven, microwave, shower, generator, TV, refrig, freezer, leveling jacks, awnings.....) in the Lance that is in the Newell except massive floor space. We are excited about hitting the road for longer periods of time.

Living in Tulsa, we are only 90 miles from the factory, so will ultimately have to check things out up there. We purchased #420 here locally, it has been kept inside nearly everyday of its life when it wasn't on the road, and is in excellent shape. I have cleaned and repaired many little things in the last 3 weeks, and still have several struts to replace, post lights, frig lock, to fix and little things, but it is really in nice shape.

We will make our maiden voyage this weekend to the Sowbug Roundup, a flytying show in Mountain View, AR and also pick a little music at the Fiddle Festival in Harrison, AR. with most of it boondocking, as the festival is held at a college and most everyone just boondocks in the parking lot and picks all night.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here on the Forum. This forum has been a great resource as I've tried to learn the systems, and fix the little things. Being a private pilot, has taught me to learn the systems first. Then "Take Off"

Ray & Shirley Penick
1996 Newell #420
Tulsa, OK
Flydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote