Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Cold Cold Windows
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
77newell

Funny story: we were returning from the south to Michigan in February (what the hell were we thinking). Anyway, we got caught in Cincinnati with snow and ice and parked in a truck stop. We kicked on the gen with all the electric heaters going along with just the furnace in the back since we were a bit low on propane (what the hell were we thinking). Our coach has twin beds and single pane glass. My wife complained in the night about being cold but managed to get some sleep. I checked the outdoor temperature 9 degrees. In the morning I'm tidying up the beds and found her quilt frozen to the aluminum window frame.

I'm planning to switch to dual pane windows this summer if my wife relents on having a coach with slides. Peninsula glass has quoted me a price of about $2500 to supply new windows are all the large windows in the coach. For a trip we are about to take (south this time - maybe we do learn, just slowly) I'm fabricating some insulating panels for the windows and windshield from flexible insulation I'm getting from Lowes.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote