Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1999 Newell on Crankyape
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
Richard and Rhonda

I have watched this with interest. When I was looking at getting in the Newell business, I had the opportunity to buy a coach of similar condition at a price much lower than the then market value. I was scared of what I couldn't see, and had similar concerns as Tuga's. It too was a coach who I suspected had "deferred" maintenance cause I think the oil change money was going up elsewhere.

Today, with experience with the Newell and the systems, I would have more confidence in taking a chance for a good price. However, I say that with a caution. One should either have some pretty good hands on mechanical skills or a deep pocket. It will take one or the either to put a ship like that right. The systems Newell uses are case hardened and will take a lot more abuse than we suspect.

My take away is that this COULD be a good buy for the right buyer, one who has the skills and time to fix the issues.

So let's say 180 is a really, really good price for a coach of that vintage in average working condition. I guestimate it will take about 30 to put that coach right if a person does most of the work himself (or in Jennifer's case, herself) Personally, I think if the coach sells for over 140, then someone is taking a big chance on a good outcome.

This is all speculation of course. An onsite could radically change the perspective. I agree with Tuga again, a given coach can vary 25% or more based on condition.

It will be interesting to see how this one ends up.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote