Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1999 Newell on Crankyape
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #8
tuga

I don't know if it is unusual for a 99 to have a full raised but my 99 has one. The man who built it was 6'7" and his entire family was tall so he had that option installed. He also had the toilet raised 4" higher than normal. I had the riser removed because my feet didn't touch the floor when I was using it!

Keep in mind that changing the carpet in a slide coach MAY involve removing the slide room. I think that the bedroom slide has to be removed to change the carpet (not sure so don't quote me). The front slide room with the flat floor option may not have to have the slide room removed. Changing the carpet in a coach involves removing all of the sofas, dinette, driver's seat, passenger seat, etc. It is a time consuming process: Newell currently charges $95/hour so you can see it doesn't take long to run up a nice little bill. Couple that with the fact that Newell uses Fabrica carpet (very expensive, about $175/yd) and you come close to $15K.

I'm not trying to say don't buy a coach at a good price. It's like I said earlier; usually you get what you pay for.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote