Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Coach Slides vs Marathon Coach are they the same now?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
fulltiming

Many companies use flat floor slides. However, few (any?) use the method incorporated by Newell. First, Newell uses a flush exterior slide. I am aware of Newell, Prevost and Foretravel that use flush exterior slides. That means that an air bladder must be used to seal the slide. Secondly, Newell's flat floor slide uses a drop down floor section to allow the slide to move in and out without raising or lowering the inside most edge of the slide. To open a Newell slide, turn the slide key on, the air bladder deflates, wait for the light, hold the button, the slide goes out, the floor section raises to fill the hole in the floor left when the slide moved out, then the air bladder re-inflates. Newell originally used an HWH hydraulic system to power the slide. Beginning in the late 2003 models, Newell switched to Valid changing to an electrically activated slide.

Hope that helps. If anyone would like to see photos of a Newell slide in various stages of deployment, let me know and I can post them.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote