Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - air bags
Thread: air bags
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #13
tuga

Default Finding the correct air bag

Tom,

You are correct about finding the correct air bag. When I called Newell and ordered spare air bags (this was before my air bag blew out) the ones that they sent me were the wrong ones! I only discovered this when the mechanic in Titusville tried to change the air bag that blew out! Newell over nighted the correct air bags to me (I decided to order 2) and we were back in business.

Since the air bags that are on the coach are old, it is difficult to read the numbers on the bag. So it then becomes necessary to remove the old bag, measure it, call in the measurements to Newell or whoever and wait for the new bags to arrive.

You can start to see why you would want to do this while your coach is parked at home or safely in Newell's service bay and not on the side of the interstate.

I know that none of us want to spend money that we don't have to spend, but I think that this air bag maintenance is worth every penny.

BTW, Newell Service DOES NOT RECOMMEND changing air bags at any certain interval. They have their agenda and I have mine. My air bags are going to be changed every 10 years! It is of course, up to the individual.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote