Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - House batteries overcharged
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
smagown

Default House batteries overcharged

My coach had an Outback inverter/charger installed in 2008 along with 6 8D Cat batteries by Newell shortly before my purchase in 3/08. My starting batteries were Lifeline AGM's (made by Concorde in the US of A. They were discharging after sitting up with shore power on and sometimes I had to merge with the house batteries to crank up. Being the apprentice rocket scientist I am, I figured if I left the merge switch on, the 100 amp charger with the temp sensor on the side of one 8D Cat in the house battery bank, would charge my starting batteries back up and then cut off.

WRONG! Turns out the starting batteries were too far gone and the charger kept charging without turning off and I ruined all six house batteries. They were sealed so they distorted as they overheated and some cracked and none would hold a charge.

Solution:

Mark at Centex batteries in Bastrop, Texas (outside Austin) sold me six 8D Lifeline AGM's for $497 + freight ($35 each). He is a master dealer and can ship out of any Concorde warehouse. 877308-9002 if you need to call.

Thanks,
97 #458 w/3 roof airs, 07 997 GT3, 62 Vette,67 SS427 Chevelle, 02 Boxter, 74 GMC mtr hm, 88 Mastercraft 190 Prostar, 86 Ski Nautique 2000, 02 Baja Islander 212
smagown is offline   Reply With Quote