Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1988 Newell Coach Differential failure
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
Wally Arntzen

No I did not use Tom's mechanic because Tom was busy at work and I could not get ahold of him. My mechanic friend in Minneapolis recommended the shop I used and they were fantastic. The price was very fair and they went out of their way to get it done in a hurry for me.
One thing I did not mention is that my coach has 204,000 miles and probably over loaded because I carry many things that most don't such as parts and tools. We are full timers and always run my tanks full of fuel and water. Over time and use of the coach the rivets just had enough fatigue to die at the spot I was at and made it clear that I probably should drive it in a more gentle fashion.
On the tow, I informed the insurance company that I needed a lowboy type of vehicle to haul it in and they called the bus repair shop who also told them the same thing. They sent me a truck around 6:00PM that had a lift and he seen right away that he could not lift it because of the way it is built and called the insurance company and told them to send out the lowboy which finally arived at 1:00AM.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote