Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Just looking
Thread: Just looking
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
fulltiming

Welcome Stick. As with the others, when I was looking to move up to a quality coach, I looked at Prevost conversions, Wanderlodges and Newells. The Newell met our needs and desires.

Prices of all motorcoaches have been dropping lately due to the economy and the credit crunch. Anyone with the cash can get a deal on a used top end coach these days. Newell just sold a 1996 Series 60, no slide (slides started with the 1997 models) for $100,000. That was a killer deal!!

As others have stated, has always built only one 'line' of coach. Each Newell has been high quality construction for its time. Certainly the features, size and weight of Newells have grown over the years as with most coaches but attention to detail, quality and customization to meet the owners desires have remained top priority with Newell.

There is no coach manufacturer that has offered the degree of customization that Newell has. Building their own chassis using a proprietary design allows amazing flexibility in interior layout. Newell has had several 'model' changes over the past 40 years. The most notable were 1972 with the introduction of the rear diesel engine units, the introduction of the widebody models in 1986, the introduction of the Series 2000 in 1990, the use of the Series 60 in mid production year of 1994 and the availability of a two height raised roof in 1995 to allow still more headroom, the introduction of slides in 1997, the introduction of the bath and a half in 1998, a front cap redesign and a change to the Boden air operated entry door in 2000, the incorporation of triple and quad slides in 2001, the switch to Valid electric slides in 2003, incorporation of the ZF suspension with the steerable tag in 2004, the introduction of the 2000i model which incorporated the roof mounted awnings in 2005, and the introduction of the P2000i (P being the Porsche design) in late 2006.

No two Newells are exactly the same. Although in any given year, there were 'standard' floor plans available, most owners personalized the coach layout and decor to meet their particular desires. Through the years, many Newell owners have returned their coaches to Newell for updates, both interior and exterior. Changes, both styling, features and powertrains, were made during mid model years and if the customer has a fetish toward a particular engine, an individual coach might have a Cummins or a Cat or a Detroit substituted for whatever engine was typically being installed at that time. Certain owners always ordered a layout with a bidet or an oversized kitchen.

Let us know how we can help.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote