Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 12.5 KW Kohler Diesel Generator Won't Power AC
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
77newell

Cliff: I've had a look at the wiring diagram that most closely resembles what I have found in my 77 coach. According to that diagram the "run" switches are in parallel as I previously described. What isn't shown on the diagram is a three position switch for Start-Run-Stop which is what I think you are describing you have. If what you are saying is that you have a Run-Stop switch and as soon as you left go of it after placing it in the Run position then the switch is bad. If that is not what you had happen then the circuit drawing I have doesn't apply to your generator and I don't have a basis of information to be able to help.

Regarding the output from the generator; the Kohler drawing I have seem to show the generator operating electrically independently from the engine electrical circuits in terms of output. One drawing shows a circuit breaker in the output, another drawing does not. If the generator shut down with a load on it, especially an AC motor load an output circuit breaker could easily blow. Unless something internal to the generating part failed simultaneous to the engine quitting happened, based on my understanding of the circuit drawing I can see no other reason for no AC. That doesn't mean there aren't other reasons, only that I'm too ignorant to figure them out.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote