Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - full timing now Is Coachnet worth the extra cost?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #5
MrE

I had an experience last weekend with Good Sam that I wasn't to happy about, my Godson took my coach to Bonneville Speed Week with his buds to try to break the diesel land speed record with a truck running vegetable oil and broke down on the way back near Wells NV. If I would have had the roadside assistance, they would have towed it to the nearest Good Sam facility which would have been Salt Lake City, the opposite direction I wanted it to go...The local tower in Wells quoted 8-10 hours at $285 an hour, so I called Good Sam and they quoted $1750 so I said go for it. They called back an hour or so later and said that they couldn't find anyone to tow me and apologized, then told me that the $1750 charge to my credit card should be refunded by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. This happened on a Saturday...my first inclination was to ream the gal on the phone, but everything else was going so bad that I had pity on her and politely explained that I would appreciate it if she would please tell the policy makers a Good Sam that their policy sucked.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote