Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 6
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #107
Neweller

A
707 7/29/2002 7:49:28 AM 7/29/2002 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Maxium Speed We asked Alice, and she replied, "No comment." However, doing the math on a Series 60, governed at 2100 rpm, with a 6 speed Allison in 6th gear (overdrive) and the standard 4.30 rear axle, it works out to about 93 mph. As we recall, the 92 series engine topped out at about 85 mph (the difference in speed is not due to horsepower, but to the Allison World 6 speed transmission providing a "taller" high gear while still maintaining a good first gear ratio). The current standard equipment Michelin Pilot low profile tires are rated for a maximum speed of 75 mph @ 130 psi cold inflation. Michelin also indicates that an extra margin of safety can be achieved by inflating the tires an extra 10 psi, to 140 psi, but the ride suffers somewhat. NEVER BLEED OFF AIR PRESSURE BECAUSE OF INFLATION BUILDUP AT ROAD TEMPERATURES. A note of caution: use extra care operating the coach at interstate speeds in the heat of the summer. High speed combined with high ambiant temperatures can cause a tire to overheat, possibly resulting in rapid tread separation. Underinflation causes even more destructive heat buildup. CAUTION: When running in temperatures exceeding 90 degrees F., we suggest holding the speed to a maximum of 70 mph. A
708 7/29/2002 11:25:39 PM 7/30/2002 David Keith davessc@yahoo.com 35 foot Newell Floorplan I am thinking about having a Newell coach custom built, but am interested in just 35 or 36 footers.

Two questions: 1. Do these shorter Newells still have three axles (like the 1985 Blue Bird PT-36 that I am selling (http://home.earthlink.net/~davidkeith/pt36/350.html)?)

2. Where can I find example floorplans for such a shorter Newell?

Thanks, Dave Keith
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote