Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 6
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #108
Neweller

Q
709 7/30/2002 4:48:38 AM 7/30/2002 John Leuenberger jeleuen@attglobal.net '82 Electrical Recently acquired nice 82 coach. All 4 batteries less than 3 years old. Coach had been stored plugged in to shore power. Front battery plates were dry, took 4 gallons distilled water to fill. Nevertheless, batteries tested OK at local RV shop. Found that when plugged in to shore power, house batteries get very warm, they actually seem to be cooking. Doesn't the converter/charger taper off the charge as batteries charge up or is it not automatic? So guess if left connected to shore power, the batt water will eventually cook out. Also confused about merge switch. Info with coach says battery switch should be set to merge anytime batteries are receiving charge. Merge switch should be off when batteries not receiving charge. Is this correct? Last, is there a switch on the 82's to kill all battery drain when exit the coach? There is a covered panel over the door next to door bell. Previous non Newell coaches had this switch. If no battery kill switch, what about installing blade switch at house batteries? Thanx any info.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote