Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 6
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #110
Neweller

A
711 7/30/2002 5:05:54 AM 7/30/2002 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com '82 Electrical Regardless of the battery test, it sounds like your batteries are shot. Unless the batteries are relatively new, they should all (engine and house) be replaced at once. Batteries of different ages don't charge properly together. The battery charger/converter does taper to a trickle charge, allowing the coach to remain plugged in while stored. The merge switch allows the engine batteries to be charged from the 120 volt converter/charger, and also allows the house batteries to be charged from the alternator. Later model coaches handle this switching automatically. You will know if the merge is taking place automatically by monitoring the voltage on each battery bank. Voltage readings over about 13 volts means the batteries are receiving charging current. The reason to disconnect the merge function when not charging is to allow your engine batteries to stay up while the house batteries are being used for power and depleted. When its ready to go home depleted weak house batteries after dry camping, the engine batteries will still be fully charged and ready to start the coach. Finally, look through the underfloor compartments and you will find heavy duty disconnect switches for the engine batteries and the house batteries. Check close to the battery locations first. The switches are bright metal and a couple of inches across in size.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote