Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - '87 DD 8V92 readings, sights and sounds
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
KimnKim

Thanks Michael. Be careful of that 'pyrometer envy' syndrome. Had a closer look at my over-air situation this morning and it appears to be sneezing at 132 lbs and then relaxing until 100 lbs. I have the same BrakeMaster as you. I spoke with my mechanic about this today and he says that I should get it looked at.

Regarding the ping warning, it does seem to eminate from the same under-dash device as the 'level' and 'tag' warning, but just displays a different tone and cadence. I'm sure that, with almost everything else to do with mechanical mysteries, it too will reveal its source over time.

Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltiming View Post
I envy your pyrometer. I wish that my Newell had a pyrometer. Your transmission oil temperature is normal. The brake and coach air pressures are high. The pressure relief (sneezes) at 125 is normal but once the pressure is relieved, the compressor should not continue to run further increasing the pressure. There is likely a large canister, probably on the driver's side of the engine compartment that says BrakeMaster (Model 68 CR in mine). That is the air dryer/pressure relief unit for the air system. Once pressure builds to 125-128 psi, the relief valve should open and the compressor shut down until the pressure drops to about 105-110 psi. You should have that situation looked at to see if the relief valve is sending the proper signal to the compressor.

The only chime that sounds like sonar 'pings' on my coach is the air leveling system and tag axle dump. If the air leveling system is in the level mode rather than the travel mode or the tag axle is dumped, I get that annoying alarm. I would doubt that there is an 'excessive air alarm' as I have never seen such an alarm. If you don't have a tag axle, the alarm is probably a malfunction in the air leveling alarm indicator.
Coach #186
1987 Wide Body - Transplanted Texas Longhorn, eh!
KimnKim is offline   Reply With Quote