Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - What engine and trans does your Newell Have?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 01:42 AM   #4
khpaladin

Prescott Valley

The 'Redhead' and I have the 1981 'Winter Demo Coach'. We aquired it in 1997, it is has a 6V92TA, 335 bhp, 1250 lb. ft. torque, and Jacobs engine brake, with a mated Allison MT654CR 5 speed automatic transmission, 3.70:1 rear axle ratio. We had the entire drive train checked over, engine in-frame overhaul, turbo rebuilt, jake brake verified, transmission and differential inspected. Because it was a demo coach apparently Newelled kept little or none of the engineering specs. I've created an Owners Manual and 3 O&M spec manuals, numerous electrical and plumbing schematics. At least now we kind of know what goes where. Having done this and other upgrades/fixes, we truly appreciate the Newell fabrication compared to other RV's in the industry. The wife and I look forward to reading and participating in the Forum.

Best Regards

Ki & Wyn (Mahoney) Punilei
https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/members/khpaladin-albums-1981-newell-40-6v92-ta.html
khpaladin is offline   Reply With Quote