Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Is a 45' coach limiting your travels?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
rheavn

Forest,
When we started to consider a 45' coach while we owned a 40' coach we would ask whether 5' longer would change our choice of campgrounds. The normal answer was no. The extra 5' in length has almost been a non issue. The extra 18" in height has been much more of an issue as many campgrounds do not trim their trees to 14'.

This is my first all electric coach. I'll never go back. The electric refrigerator is wonderful and not having to deal with propane is an added plus. I do carry a small one burner butane cooktop that cost me $15 for those times when I don't have enough power in the morning to heat up coffee water.

I do a lot of dry camping for up to week as we attend NASCAR races. The 160+ gallons of water & waste last us a week, no problem. We run off the inverter most of the time. We run the genset for 2-3 hours in the morning to charge the batteries. We run the genset for 2 hrs in the evening which gets us through the night. I have done a research project by running the refrigerator on the inverter--after two DAYS I still had battery power.

The wife had concerns over the toilet water usage when we bought the coach. I adjusted the water usage to the factory specs and water usage by the toilets has not been an issue. When I bought the coach the flap stayed open too long and wasted water. The time the flap is open is adjustable.

Slides take away the "excuse me" as you walk by. Our last coach had one slide and we love the two slides. We would have even accepted three slides if the third slide was an additional bedroom slide, but it is not needed. We do not want a slide that opens into the outside patio area.

With the big alternators and the AquaHot you will arrive at your nightly stop with fully charged batteries and HOT water.

The only advice I would give you is to consider your situation. You have a beautiful coach. Don't rush into anything. If you decide to update, don't be in a hurry. Wait for the coach that your WIFE LOVES. Happy wife----Happy life.

Good luck in what I considered a very exciting adventure.