Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Gaggenau stove
Thread: Gaggenau stove
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
encantotom

hi brad,

i am making the assumption that it is an electric cooktop since you said glass.

i have a gas one of the same brand in mine, but have repaired a kitchenaid glass cooktop in my home kitchen.

at least on that one, there was wiring harness, switch and one piece element and a indicator light that says it is hot. yours could be different.

if you are handy with an ohm meter, you can check the element once unplugged and no power is applied (you can really light up your eyeballs here) and check to see if the element is totally open circuit. you can compare the resistance reading to the good one.

before that, i would be looking at the wiring, but these are just electric coils, like a huge lightbulb or a toaster and eventually they do just break and stop working.

i am sure there is a simpler approach, but i usually start with the hardest one since that seems to be my nature.

a call to the manufacturer of the stove and getting to their technical support people might help as well. most of the time, inside the cover of the unit once you take it out, has the wiring schematic attached to it, so you can trace everything out.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote