Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Engine won't stay running, Time for a tow and repair bill!?!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
77newell

Changing my fuel pump was more tedious than difficult, plus I had a selection of 1/4" drive swivel head sockets that made things easier.

The process involves dropping the coolant level below the bottom of the hoses connecting the top of the engine to the top of the radiator. This is necessary only to get access to the connections on the pump and its mounting bolts. Then it's a matter of disconnecting the fuel hoses and demounting the pump, and then reversing the whole process. It would be a very easy job if access where easier which it isn't because of the location. My engine is mechanical rather than electronically controlled so I don't know if the computer makes access easier or harder.

It cost $1100 at the shop that changed mine and I put in several hours of "free" labor" , the pump was around $100. If you are a reasonable mechanic the difference will buy you a lot of tools with money left over.

hope this helps and sorry for the delayed response
jon
77 coach
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote