Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 15
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
Neweller

Q
1936 2/10/2006 12:56:48 PM 2/11/2006 Jon Kabbe jonlt@charter.net 12.5 Kw Genset Many thanks to the Newell staff for forwarding me the wiring diagrams. I figured out the necessary electrical circuits to control Perkins "flame thrower" intake heating system. Then I faced to problem of getting at the electrical control box mounted on the aft end of the engine. Looked like access would be a knuckle buster so I considered alternatives. I've decided on a different tack. I'm going to tee off the intake pipe just below the air filter and run the new branch forward to the side of the radiator and cap it with a removeable plug. Then in cold weather if the Perkins doesn't start right away I'll get a propane torch out, remove the cap, have my wife hit the generator switch and point the propane flame down the tube. As soon as the engine starts to fire I'll replace the cap on the tube. I suspect this "primative" approach will work sufficiently to get started in the cold that I face. I'm also going to have the injectors overhauled. After all they are more than old enough to vote and look like they have rested where they are since they were born. The best to everyone at Newell.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote