Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Headlight Upgrade Information for 90's Newell Coach
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 03:48 AM   #16
ikcandco

- Initially called for : Fabricate a plate . . .
- - - I then posted something possible and an all in one part (X 2)
- - - - - - The 'Prevost Assembly Lights' are High Tech Lighting and for sure the cost for these as-
semblies are certainly quite costly. Because they have quite a number of provost on the road, the
price of these assemblies are certainly lest expensive than something similar on the market and I
really don’t know if something can come close
»»»»»»»»»»»» 'NewellClassic.com' «««««~»»»»» 'NewellClassic.com' ««««««««««««
- Now how to fix the 'Light Assembly' in a fix front and guessing the position, alignment, finishing
touch and so on ? Never saw something like that ! Guess never will !

- I did a lot of fiberglass work in my time and time hasn't changed ! . . A little bit easier, that's all !

- Never the hole front cap otherwise buy a newer coach !

- I would at anytime make a mold off the bottom of a 2000 series and have the openings, the posi-
tion and alignment fitting perfectly as a 2000 series and all components assembled on a workbench.

- If the interest is worthwhile, Newell would certainly have to look closer and see if their glass de-
partment or a supplier could manufacture the components as a kit form or perhaps assemble them,
a kind of plug & play, at a fairly reasonable price . . . the molds are standing.

- The finish part from the mold would fit all older Newells. If for one reason you've got to widen or
shrink, makes no difference slash the part in 2 or 4 and reassemble, in no time the job is done and
all inclusive.

- Light assemblies having the same part numbers as the 2000 series.

- If a Newell has its face smash it's usually the bottom part, they don't change the complete front
cap ! Newell has certainly parts or parts in their catalogue.

- One way or the other, you still have to 'Paint.' I would rather paint a complete new surface and
blend (if fairly new paint) or have a type of ornamental painted line between the old and new paint.
»»»»»»»»»»»» 'NewellClassic.com' «««««~»»»»» 'NewellClassic.com' ««««««««««««
- That's it, this job is completed !
- - - "Here's your total . . . Sir, your invoice, Sir . . . HEY MISTER ! . . HERE'S YOUR BILL ! ! ! . . ."
------------------
May God Bless
KC ~ 1999p2 What's this?
ikcandco is offline   Reply With Quote