Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Thousand Trails sale, good deal?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
folivier

Well here's an update. We stayed at the TT Camp Verde campground near Cottonwood for 2 weeks. Then after visiting Tom & Darlene spent another night there where we left the coach in their storage lot for the summer.
The campground was so-so. You and your neighbor park opposite so your water bays are together and your door opens to your neighbor's with a nice green space between. BUT there were only a few 50amp sites (for $5.00/day extra) and they were VERY unlevel. I couldn't get level since the high end of the site was the rear of the coach. If it was reversed I could have gotten level. How it works is when you check in IF you've called the campground directly and requested a 50amp site AFTER you make your reservation with the 800 number, the guard gives you a list of 50amp sites available. You then drive throughout the campground to find a site. Not crazy about that since you may have other people driving around in their coaches & trucks with trailers looking for the same site! We unhooked and drove around in the car then when we found a (unlevel) site that looked ok dragged the picnic table across the site to hold it. Then after you pull in you have to return to the guard shack to get the key to unlock the 50amp box. The other facilities in the campground were nice but they need to LEVEL their sites!
Hopefully other TT campgrounds will be nicer. Like I said the only real problem were the sites were not level! Oh and wifi was pretty bad since all they had was a basic router in the clubhouse so it only worked inside. And we were in the valley so cell was pretty weak. But it sure beats being home.
Overall it wasn't too bad so I think we'll renew for next year since we'll be travelling up the west coast toward Oregon and Washington.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote