Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Want to add a little Sport into your Toad but on a budget, lookie here!!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
Neweller

Steve, would you want airbags? I suppose you could have them if so desired. This would be totally up to the owner and if he wanted to make an airbag system work.

If an individual so desired to add airbags, he would have to do this after all the physical properties of this particular vehicle are completely modeled, a firing algorithm can then be developed for the airbag system. This algorithm would decide when to fire the bags based on things like how fast you are going and the direction from which the impact comes. On average, a driver's side airbag, from the time of the current pulse to firing of the initiator, to bursting through the steering wheel cover, to fully inflating, to the internal bag pressure returning to less than 80% of max pressure, is about 40 Milli-seconds.

Something to remember, airbag effectiveness is diminished as vehicle speeds exceed about 50 - 60 MPH. Ever notice how all the top tier race leagues use a combination of energy ablative/absorption and driver restraint techniques?

I Myself in a vehicle like this, prefer the best available restraints for the application.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote