Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Still tripping
Thread: Still tripping
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #32
tuga

Matt,

Hopefully you won't have to replace the tire since you didn't roll on it! It may just need a plug and patch!

Consider yourself lucky that it didn't happen on the highway at highway speeds; then you may have had to buy 2 TIRES! It is always a good idea to do a walk around everyday even when you are in a campground - you never know!

I had a flat on my passenger side tag axle tire on the morning we were scheduled to leave a campground in Gatlinburg, TN. I could see that the tire was low (normal psi is 80) and it had 30. I aired it up with my trusty air doubler, drove to a truck stop and had it plugged and patched. It has been running good ever since.

A note to remember: when a tire runs low with 20% of its normal running pressure missing for any length of time - IT SHOULD BE REPLACED! The sidewalls become weak and it will blow when you least expect it. A Goodyear tire representative told me this. If you normally run 100 psi and it drops down to 80 psi and you keep running it for an extended time the tire is ruined!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote