Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Window Replacement Options - Slanted to Rectangular
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
Neweller

I must had been away when this post was active. When I originally purchased my first Newell about 8 yrs ago, I was thinking about changing the windows out to the rectangular ones, mainly because they were a tad higher and double pane. I found a deal on surplus at a deep discount, but they all came up an inch short in length. After replacing a full sheet of inner wall plywood, it looked relatively easy to do the job. On mine, I would have only had to drill out a couple rivets on the angle aluminum pieces, cut the shorter portion of the wood at opposite corners to match the longer ones. And of course raise the height a couple of inches in the process. But, from what I remember, there were no issues with outside rivets or wiring.

Tom, I'm curious about your outside sealing technique. I'm about ready to do mine shortly.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote