Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - How to handle a front tire blowout
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #9
Ron Skeen

It was just at the end of an overpass and I got stop before the entrance ramp coming back on the the Hwy. I was in the right lane and I never move out of that lane until I pull to the shoulder at slow speed. I probably never touch the brake until I slow to 30-35. I The most violent time of the experience was at the very end. I don't know how far I travel to get stopped but I walk back to pick up the pieces of the wheel flare and I estimate 1/4 mile or less. The rim was flat spotted where it quit rolling at the end. All that was left of the tire is what you see in the pictures. I also had a blow out on a 34' G/S scenic cruiser on the inside drive axle. This really did damage to the fiberglass body and actually came up through the floor. After this experience is when we starting looking for a metal coach instead of fiberglass. We first look at Prevost and Bluebird but after going through the Newell Factory we change our mind. We actually bought our 89 from Marathon in Dallas and have never look back.
Name:  skeen cruise 2003 005.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  21.7 KBName:  skeen cruise 2003 006.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  9.8 KB
This is the 34 G/S
1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote