Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Whats up with this?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #9
tuga

Ask any shopper/buyer what they are looking for in a coach and they will tell you a meticulously cared-for coach that shows brand new. That is what they will find with Russo's Newell.

I would advertise on RVOnline.com, FMAC magazine, and eBay. eBay probably will not yield a sale initially, but it will help you locate people who are ready to buy.

Price it fairly! You have a shot at only a handful of folks, don't let them get away. Some sellers (not you) believe that buyers don't research the value of a coach before they buy - they just see it - like it - and write the check. IMO these buyers are few and far between. Before a guy is going to plop down $100K or so he is going to look around and see what other coaches sold for. Buyers are looking for new tires, new batteries, and maintenance records.

The coaches that have been on the sites for years are either overpriced or have issues. The ones that sell right away are priced attractively and are spit-shined.

Regarding the stupid questions: get ready - they're coming!

It took about 3 years for me to sell my last 1993 Newell. I sold it in 2005 after Katrina - go figure! I feel that listing it on eBay is what sold it; it sold within a few weeks of appearing on eBay. The high bidder didn't reach the reserve price that I had set (I included my name and phone number in the eBay ad) so after the auction was over he called me and we hammered out a deal. If it doesn't sell on eBay the first auction keep re-listing it until you get some phone calls.

Good Luck, IMO it should sell quickly if it is properly advertised because it is very clean and well maintained.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote