Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Isn't every Newell considered a Classic?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 03:32 AM   #11
Neweller

A lot of great definitions for the beautiful amazing Newell. I'm sure we could come up with a few more. I didn't see bodacious or radical (rad) on the list.

Steve, you most definitely get the "A" for the most professional related answer. You do deserve a cold one!

Classic does mean all of those things and more as we can see from various definitions above. If we're to relate it to the term when applied to a classic automobile or say the term "Classic Car Show" then it would fit both of the terms outlined in Steve (prairieschooners) post above. I have owned dozens of antique and collectable cars over the years and attended many car shows including those referred to as classic. In the automotive fields which are not necessarily the same as RV's or motohomes but could share some resemblances, classic cars are generally anything that is of quality build, 20 years or older and well sought after. Now, anything over 25 years could be called an antique or vintage. But then these other terms can change meaning depending on what or how they are applied.

Now, if we are to use the term as applied to classic cars of 20 years, that would be correct in the assumption that in 2012 a 1992 and older would now be referred to as a classic coach. I'll leave it up to the individual to decide in their mind from what they understand or have learned over the years and say we are all right on this one.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote