Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Refinishing wall with vinyl upholstery material
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Neweller

After many months of thought, I have decided to refinish my walls with a durable vinyl upholstery. We chose a somewhat neutral tan/buckskin (almost like a peanut butter color) for this living room wall project. In one of the pics below, you can see the wall after removal of some wall paper installed about 7 yrs ago over a repaired wall. I did not like the longevity of using wall paper, it shrinks too easy in an RV. Next, we primed the wall with Gripper interior/exterior primer by Glidden (originally designed as a glue). Last pic is after gluing the 1/8" foam. I thought about going 1/4", but already had the thinner foam.

Some of job details are as follows: pulled all inside window trim, removed old wall paper, cut existing welt cord or corner bead (with a razor knife), cleaned off any residue, masked off windows, cabinet and floor areas prior to spraying glue on the wall. I will staple over areas of the foam to prevent any possible future pullback or bubbling under the vinyl floating wall covering.
Attached Images

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote