Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Packing your stuff into your coach.
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
chockwald

When one makes the decision to fulltime they immediately begin a decision making process that can last several months, if not several years. Downsizing from a couple of thousand square feet (or more) to a few hundred square feet is more of a mental adjustment than anything else. Every decision made has a trade off. We began that process 2+ years ago when we decided to retire in September of 2011. We have been gradually reducing the amount of stuff we keep in the coach. We have found it is difficult, if not impossible to dedicate any single space to a single purpose. If you want your living space to "feel" as big as possible you have to be willing to assign multiple uses to each living space. Each day as your needs change (need to do work, eat, relax, etc.) a few minutes of rearranging things is required. Things not needed must be stowed away, otherwise your home will become cluttered and less liveable, and, therefore, less enjoyable. We are two and a half years into that process and are finding with each long trip that we need less and less stuff, and, in fact, have found we enjoy our time in our smaller, less cluttered life on the road.

***All that being said, we both have laptop computers, we carry an HP printer with us on our travels, as well as a Visioneer sheet fed scanner which runs off the power of the USB port it plugs into. There is a small fold down table in front of the passenger seat, and this is where Elaine sets up to do her work. We have another rectangular table (came with the coach from the factory) that we have adapted to stand over the dinning table when it is in the down position. I'll take pix later and post them so you can see what I'm talking about. This is where I do my work. This works well for our lifestyle, and we don't consider our choices to be spartan in any sense of the word. The scanner and printer must only be plugged in and we are ready to make money...haha! I also have a HP Netbook which I use for our GPS software while in transit.***
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote