Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Questions from a Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
77newell

RIchard: welcome to the site. You pose a series of questions, the biggest is what you can get for $35,000 and I believe the others will resolve themselves. You can get a late 70's to mid-80's Newell for that price. Within those there will be some that will require considerable additional expense and some that will probably be just fine - you need to figure out how to discern the difference. There are two ways to learn; find an experienced someone willing to help you through the process, or invest the time and effort to read all the posts on this site pertaining to 70's and 80's coaches. I don't know how to help you find that special someone that would help you through the process so all I can really suggest is to start reading and keep reading until you've read all the relevant posts and then ask questions you have yet to have answered. There are no silver bullets and you are going to have to accept some risks. Despite all the knowledge gained here and investments in hiring people to check out the prospective coach there are no guarantees so you need to keep a nest egg handy and hope you never need it.

Most people can learn to maneuver these things, the best way is to find a big empty parking lot and practice turning - and missing the light posts - and finding out how to position your sight lines in order to have the coach properly positioned in the lane. Backing up is easy compared to driving in tight conditions - at least for me because backing up is done slowly and driving isn't.

Internet: either go 4G, put a big and expensive 2 way satellite dish with high monthly costs, or stay only at the numerous campgrounds that include internet. Be aware that many of the campgrounds offering internet limit your usage or require additional payments.

Regarding security: If I were to feel insecure staying somewhere without security cameras I just wouldn't stay there and I've never seen the need to.

Everything you know just ain't so

While DIY maintenance will save you money, getting a well cared for coach will save you even more.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote