Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Reliability. A Step Up?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #14
CleanLivin

I happen to be in a similar situation to Dan. I started with a Safari Ivory and learned to hate it rather quickly. The owned two new American Eagles back in the mid - late 90's. Full timed for near 3 years back then.
Had an excellent experience with the Amer. Coach group and always took the rigs to the factory for all service and just general checkups.

Now, we are putting the house up for sale this week and going to take off to full time for 3-5 years while I still can!

Pattern will be to be staying in most locations for 2-6+ weeks and spending time getting to know each town and it's personality profile. Expect when we finally get tired of traveling we'll return to where we liked the best and give it a final test before buying a home.

Now, I've done the Eagle twice and at this point I would like to try something new. Like many, I've lusted for a Newell since the first one I toured years ago. At this point, I can afford to comfortable pay cash for a 2001-2003.

Like Dan, I'm a perfectionist - actually my wife and friends say I'm the Poster Child for the North American Anal Retentive. Thus, with a personality profile like that and lacking the genetic structure to have any patience with chronic problems ........ you get the picture?

Now, let's say I pass on passion and go back to a used Eagle. And let's say Day buys a same year, 2002, Newell.

First, is it safe to assume that both Dan and I will have a like number of problems over the next 4 years of ownership?

Second, if we have the same number, and ever say the same components fail, will the cost to maintain the Newell be dramatically greater than the Eagle?

In short, cost of entry is only the beginning point in the equation. I'd like to evaluate the cost of ownership.

Feedback is appreciated.

Jack
CleanLivin is offline   Reply With Quote