Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 3
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #65
Neweller

A
339 7/4/2001 10:35:39 AM 7/4/2001 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Proper Tires? We don't have enough information to give you a yes or no answer. However, to confirm that a particular tire size and load range is adequate, weigh each axle of the coach. Then compare the load of each tire (front axle weight / 2, rear axle / 4, and if so equipped, tag axle / 2) to the tire manufacturer's load rating. The maximum load @ maximum inflation psi is printed on the tire sidewall. Maximum loads at lower inflations are available from the tire manufacturer, often on the internet, or from tire dealers. Keep in mind that inflation is critical. Tire load capacity drops off quickly at lower inflation levels, as it is the air inside the tire that is supporting the vehicle weight. Lower inflation levels lead to excessive sidewall flex, high internal tire temperatures, and possible heat-related failure, most commonly, sudden tread separation at interstate speeds. Once the correct tire is installed, the three primary rules of tire safety are inflation, inflation, and inflation.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote