Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Highway 1
Thread: Highway 1
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
chockwald

HoosierDaddy.....you're right, the Bluebird is about 39,000 GVW, and mine is around 30,000 GVW. It's hard to tell if our MPG is similar as his genset is diesel and works off the main fuel tank, while my genset is LPG. The engines are both 6V92 Silver edition 2 strokes, but are set up quite differently. He has a side mounted radiator that is driven by a large electric motor that when on drains off a lot of horsepower, while mine is rear mounted and belt driven. Same trannies. His fuel filters are the type that you pull out the old filter from a cannister and insert a new filter, while mine are the screw on cartridge type, and easier to find replacements. We have different water pumps for the engine cooling system. As I understand it there are three different water pumps installed on the 6V92's....walking, standing and running, I believe. His water pump failed on his trip back from Texas just outside of Amarillo, and they had a hell of a time finding the correct replacement...he was stranded at a truck stop for about 4 days.

I like my interior setup much better, and while both are the same length we both agree mine feels more spacious. One big difference for me is the bedroom setup....his bed is setup side to side with no walk around space, while mine is walk around. My bedroom is much larger than his. His entry door is at the front, while I have mid entry, which I prefer.

One thing I am envious of in his rig is the amound of overhead storage, and drawer space within the coach, but his basement storage is much more limited than mine. He has no pass through storage as his 300 gallon fuel tank runs down the middle of the coach

Another feature I like about his is the accessibility to the genset....all he has to do is throw a leaver, and push a button and the genset slides out. I have to manually disconnect the exhaust, and then pull the genset out....fortunately I can check oil and water without pulling it out.

His curtains are all electrically opened and closed, while mine are only moved by hand. Over all my coach is much more user friendly, and very, very low tech....much less to break. He has a lot of electronic gadgets, but that stuff breaks, and he is, in fact, struggling with a few of those issues now.

Here are a couple more pictures of our stay at Rincon Parkway, just north of Ventura, CA.
Attached Images

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote