Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - On My Way
Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
chockwald

Just arrived at the Newell Factory, and snagged a spot in the RV Park...I didn't realize they had a park with hookups (no sewer, but water and electricity). Had to drop the trailer to back into the spot. Richard....you're right..I only have a problem when it is super cold...like in the 30's. Was in the 30's again this morning in Oklahoma City, and it took a while on the road for everything to level out properly. Everything else is working well now. Averaged 7.7 mpg on the last tank pulling the 5,000 lb. load up over 7300 feet elevation in New Mexico. Paid $1.98/gallon in Oklahoma City at the Flying "J". The drive up Interstate 44 was uneventful except for a few construction zones. Interstate 44 is a toll road so it cost us $17.50 from Oklahoma City up to Miami in tolls. Have been taking pictures of all the Newells....the RV park is pretty much full except for 2-3 spaces. There is even a Classic here with a tag. I'll post my pix later.

Steve...thanks for picking up the door latch. I'll get together with you when I get back the end of the month and settle up. I have to remember not to sing along when I'm running the camera....hahaha! Richard...you won't see a video any time soon of Elaine driving.....she likes her co-pilot position, and is grateful I like to drive. She used to drive the Class "C", but wants to take driving lessons from someone other than me before she drives the Newell....I wonder why??? I have a wonderful disposition when teaching others how to drive...just ask my kids....LOL!!!
Attached Images

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote