Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Winter Storage
Thread: Winter Storage
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
HoosierDaddy

Hi Jennifer,
I have stored my Newell in a similar situation.
I have done nothing special with the water system except turn the water pump off. My opinion is that it is better if the inside of the water heater is not exposed to air..I try to have soft water in my water system to reduce mineral build-up. If you do drain the water heater I would put a piece of tape over the water heater switch and/or turn it off at the breaker to prevent it from being turned on while empty. My '78 has a steel waste tank so I periodically add a pint of vegetable oil to reduce corrosion on the inside of the tank... Not recommended or necessary if you have a poly tank. A top quality lubricating fuel conditioner with an algecide would be beneficial. Central Petroleum Company is not mass marketed but they have top quality products for the farm and industrial market. I have used their products for 30 years. Here's a link:

http://www.cen-pe-co.com/

You should also turn your LP gas off at the tank. The storage facility should require that all LP tanks be shut off. If they don't I would ask them to do that. I'd shut the batt's off as well. Leave the 'fridge door propped open to prevent mold inside if you have to turn it off.
1993 Newell 45'#316, 1976 Trans Am 455, 1967 GTO, 1953 Chevrolet 3105 (panel truck),1952 Chevrolet 3600,1969 Airstream Overlander. Always fixing something!
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote