Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - First motorhome purchase with questions concerning newell bus floorplans
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Neweller

Kirk and Lisa, welcome to the Newell talk forum! It is great you are considering a Newell Coach. Like fulltiming stated above, the factory would be glad to build you what you need.

A dozen years ago I was on a similar hunt for a bus conversion with a partial bunk set-up and seen quite a few entertainer buses that would have worked but most were missing the larger kitchen area like Michael stated above. Down in California I had looked at a MCI 8 conversion that had pull down bunks above the couches in the living room and it had a nice sized kitchen. The owner of the bus had inherited a tour line bus company from his father and was selling this nice older conversion that was his father personally used for family and some business use. If the guy would have taken my offer I would have owned it and probably would have never bought a Newell. All said and done, I'm glad I bought a Newell.

After I acquired my first Newell that was a '78, I wanted to do a similar conversion in the living as the new coach had no cabinetry above the sitting areas. Make a long story short I never did it and wish I would have. That's another story.

I guess the point of my story is you always have the option of having modifications done on a existing floor plan or DIY. Depending on your skills could be a fun project. I'm kind of looking for that deal where I can make changes and pull off my own sweat equity. Its got to be less work than the house project I've taken on.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote