Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - First motorhome purchase with questions concerning newell bus floorplans
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
fulltiming

Typically, Newell dinettes do not make into beds. There may have been some special ordered to do that but I have not seen one although that is a change that can be made at a later time if you are industrious, know a good cabinet maker or have Newell customize it for you. Two couches is a common layout in Newells. To get a length of less than 40' can be a challenge. There are a few. Encantotom has a 38' 1990 for sale that has twin couches up front but only has 1 bath and no slides. The bath and a half didn't start in Newells until the late 1990's and that is when slides became available on Newell's also. However, by that time, few Newells were made other than 45' since there was little price advantage to making them shorter. There are a few post-1997 Newells that are 40' and have slides but they don't show up for sale often and I have never seen one with a bath and a half. Each Newell is a little different but in general, 2 slides started in 1998 and were fairly common thru 2002. After 2002, most Newells had either 3 or 4 slides although a occasional 2 slide Newell was made through 2005 (maybe later but I am not personally aware of one). Bath and a half also started in 1998 and is the typical floorplan offered now.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote