Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - GPS just for the big guys?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
Hugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester B. Stone, Jr. View Post
This is a tough situation. I purchased the Rand McNally for RVs and I do not recommend it. It is hard to see on a bright day since it has a light green background and white streets. Yesterday, it sent me 32 miles out of the way. Garbage. I am interested in the Garmin for trucks and the other one sold by Camping World (having a senior moment), but preliminary research tells me that they do not have a port for an external antenna, which I consider essential. I plan to do more research to find the perfect unit, but am not hopeful.

32 miles out of the way? Now, that's a pain! If you find that perfect unit I have faith that you'll be sharing about it here. I'll have to look into the one they sell at Camping World. Technology is great but it would be nice if they could get a system down that actually worked with out such mistakes.

I know sometimes we have a hard time with the GPS in our vehicles because what it says is the "fastest route" isn't always the fastest and it's funny how a lot of the times it's the slowest or most out of the way route. Especially, if you have a general idea of where you are going or should go, it's much faster if you go the route you know. But again that is most helpful in a automobile, it sure would be nice to have a GPS for the Newell because it could point us to fuel stations and food as we go.

If anyone else has a solution or system that works for them please let me know.