Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 8v92 slobber tubes?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
hlfdzn

This last week dring another dry warm spell, I crawled under the coach and spent some time removing all the wire screen guard so I could see clearly under the engine. With the screen out, I can now clearly see what the configuration is under there. It appears the two main slobber tubes are the metal tubes that run down the rear from the valve cover. The canister that is behine and below the oil pan is catching oil from another source. The canister drain has no threads but is the type that seems to be an overflow style i.e. it sticks up into the canister about 3/4 and only drains when the level reaches that height.

After reading some of the other forums on this, I'm thinking of cutting the two metal slobber tubes just above the shelf that's above the batteries and making a capped 3' PVC collector for each side with fitting to put the tubes in on one end and a breather at the other end. I'll tap in a petcock drain at the lowest point.

I don't know what to do about the container as I'm not sure how much oil really drips from that location.

Do any of you have similiar or other types of oil bypass collectors on your rigs? I'd sure love to see/hear about other examples.

Thanks,
'93 45' #320
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote