Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Wow! What a price!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #44
Richard and Rhonda

Tuga,

You asked if anyone thought the prices would rebound. They may stablilize, but I don't think they will go back up any appreciable amount. I wasn't shocked by the price. When David was selling his coach, he and talked about what Mr. Olivers told him it was worth wholesale. I know that guy and he is a straight shooter. The number he told David was not all that spectacular.

The reason I don't think they will rebound is the simple law of supply and demand. We own a rare breed. So rare that the standard trading books won't even estimate a value. So the value is solely determined by what one person is willing to pay and the other willing to take. I think we are so rare that we are out of the supply and demand model of pricing. The thing that is hurting ALL older high end coaches is financing. The banks will not touch them. You probably are aware that the prices on the Prevosts have taken an unbelievable beating too.

So, where does that put the situation for me. Thankful. Thankful, that the coach is well constructed, and except for my own little anomaly right now, not deteroriating. It serves us well, has all the features to be very comfy, and is built to last for the long haul. I won't pick on any particular brands, but I would be much more nauseated if I owned a sticks and staples coach of the high end variety because I can't see those coaches being in the same condition 15 years from now that I expect my Newell will be.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote