Poor Water Flow Rate - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > Plumbing | Fixtures, Tanks and Water Systems
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Lindsay

Default Poor Water Flow Rate

I have no doubt the answer to these questions is in here somewhere, but I haven't found it., so I'm asking. I'd like to get one of those inline filters that fits between city water source and fresh water tank on Newell Coach. Flow rates show to be 2 - 2.5 GPM. Is that enough for a decent shower? Seems low, but I don't really know what's normal. What flow rate is generally considered adequate for the various uses one has for it? BTW, the filter would be primarily for sediment and iron. Don't know if the inlines can do anything about iron.

Also reading the posts about pressure regulators. I bought one at Walmart that says 40 - 45 psi. The local RV dealer 'gave' me one that says 50 - 55 psi. Valtrex I think. My water flow rate is quite poor. Shower just sort of dribbles. Are these pressure regulators rated for pressure and flow or what.

Thanks.

T. Lindsay
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote