Hello from Chicago! - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #21
Neweller

Tuga, 50k could be a descent discount. Speaking of discounts, we have had a couple of offers being turned onto our members; actually some interesting offers that may be well worth taking advantage of by our members come our way, which I'll touch on in the near future.

Jim, that blowout sounded like it may have been real expensive. Is that the part of the 20 where they were doing construction?

Ken

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #22
jrarriola

Ken -

No construction going on at that part of I-20 but there was something in the road that I could not miss & just a few minutes after running over it the tire exploded with the loudest boom I've ever heard! A guy that had just passed me in a dually pulling a trailer said the explosion blew him off the road a bit! I was immediately pulled into the median and fought for nearly 1/4 mile to get the coach/tow vehicle under control & stopped. It took the Tow Company 7 hours to get us out of the median! Expensive?? Amen! But thank goodness I had great insurance!! And thank God my wife had done so much research prior to buying our first coach & her findings for safety kept bringing her back to Newell & the majority weight distribution being below the window line or we would have rolled over! The 3 highway patrol officers that worked the accident all agreed with that!

Jim

jrarriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #23
Neweller

Jim, that makes the hairs stand up on my back. WOW, is all I can say and I'll double thank God you guise bought a Newell and came out of it unscathed. That is one heck of a testimony for the builders at Newell too!

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #24
afrench45

Jim-
It was my outside drive tire that blew, and the inside was ruined as well. The only major visual damage was the fender flair, and some paint. What was later discovered was that the hydrolic line for the #3 room retract line was cut... Because of the closed hydrolic system I was unable to have slides for a few days until it was determined what line was cut, and where to cap it off at the block. I had to drive back from Florida with my room sticking about 3 inches out, and the hydrolic line will have to be replaced....can't imagine running a line from the front hydrolic block back to the back! We tried to splice the line, but it wouldn't hold the 2200lbs of hydrolic pressure.
My blowout was also on I-20 as well! I was about 40 miles shy of Shreveport.

Since your blowout have you changed to 365 drive tires?
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #25
jrarriola

Andrew -

That must have been a long drive from Florida like that! How many people did you have flag you down & tell you your slide was coming out??!! LOL!

Yes I had them go ahead & do the upgrade with the 365's and new rims on the front end or I'd be traveling by myself after that experience! We just returned from a trip to CO & I experienced a problem four different times of trying to make a sharp left turn and the steering wheel would go so far into the turn and "lock up". I'd just have to ease on into the turn to complete and at that time the wheel would "unlock". I've never had this happen in the four years we've had this coach so I'm wondering what could be causing this. Come to think about it, this happened on our return so maybe the coach was trying to tell us not to leave the cool temps in CO and return to the brutal triple digits of TX!!

Jim

jrarriola is offline   Reply With Quote