RV's meeting new emissions? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2007, 04:30 AM   #1
Road Pilot

Default RV's meeting new emissions?

Anyone know if new RV's fall under the latest emissions requirements that semi-trucks I'm told will adhere to this year. From what I'm told prices on trucks equipped this way will rise in cost a few thousand to make this adjusment. What about motorhomes or Newell's? Or, is the new Cat already equipped this way?

Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:45 AM   #2
fulltiming

Yes, diesel powered RV's fall under the 2007 emission requirements. The requirements specifically apply to any on-highway diesel engine manufactured after January 1, 2007.

Yes, the cost of complying with the new regulations will result in an increase in the cost of RV's equipped with engines that meet these standards.

The new C-15 Cat's utilize the ACERT technology to meet the 2007 emission requirements. ACERT uses an improved air management system with Variable Valve Actuation, revised engine electronics, clean gas induction that draws off non-combustible gas running the gas through a particulate filter, then cooling it, blending it will cool air and returning it for re-combustion (exhaust gas recirculation) and the particulate filter itself.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
ikcandco

SEE POST SUBJECT : +$ '07 New Diesel Emission Requirement (Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006)
»»»»»»»» 'NewellClassic.com' ««««««~»»»»»» 'NewellClassic.com' ««««««««
2007 New Diesel Engine Emission Requirement = +$
OR : 'CLICK HERE' for +$ '07 New Diesel Emission Requirement post
------------------
May God Bless
KC
ikcandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
JohnC

Default 2008 Newell with C-15 ULSD ACERT engine

I recently had the pleasure of testing a new ULSD ACERT prototype engine in a 2008 Newell.

With close to a 1000 miles of testing completed in the Arkansas foothills, I headed west to find some real challenges for the Newell 625 HP C-15 with 12 speed ZF transmission.

The coach performed flawlessly, and after six thousand miles, including extensive testing in Death Valley's steep terrain and torturous 100 degree plus heat, along with criss-crossing the Sierra Nevada mountain range, I am a CAT ACERT 'fan' (I have always been a Newell fan). I will spare you the details, but just from a 'green' standpoint, I was proud that the interior of the tailpipes were as spotless at 6000 miles as when they were installed. I can't help but think that in some of the areas I drove through, the ACERT engine was actually cleaning their air.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:11 AM   #5
ikcandco

Interesting info on Death Valley
'Death Valley :'
»»»» 'The Most Desolate Place Around !'
»»»»»»»» Besides The Moon, That Is . . . Besides The Moon ! ! !'
'Questions from a Grand-Son . . .'
Last month, I was viewing and reading this post with one of my grandsons and while I
was reading to him 'JohnC's Post,' the 'Death Valley' name came about and, "OOOhhhhh!"
the word 'Death' sparked many questions !

«~» I knew some and answered the best I could, presently, without an intensive search,
I came about this following tread and great photos to share with you folks :

« 1 » 'For Starts Here's an Incredible Photo ~ You Can Super-Size This Picture
. . . «CLICK HERE»
« 2 » 'The Same One ~ This One is a Smaller Version
. . . «CLICK HERE»
«~» Death Valley is a valley in the U.S. state of California, and is the location of the
lowest elevation in North America at -282 feet (-86 meters). (It is often mistakenly
described as the lowest elevation in the Western Hemisphere, but that is actually Laguna
del Carbón in Argentina at -105 meters.) Located southeast of the Sierra Nevada range
in the Great Basin and the Mojave Desert, it comprises much of Death Valley National
Park. It runs north-south between the Amargosa Range to the east and the Panamint
Range to the west; the Sylvania Mountains and the Owlshead Mountains form its
northern and southern boundaries, respectively. It has an area of about 3,000 square
miles (~7,800 km²).[1] Death Valley, California, is the hottest place on earth.
Temperatures in the Valley can range from up to 130°F (54 °C) in the day in the
summer, to below freezing at night in the winter.

«~» Many of Death Valley's narrow, serpentine roads were built in the 1930s and cannot
be driven at high speed.

«~» Badwater, located within Death Valley, is the specific location of the lowest point in
North America. (Surprisingly, the highest point in the contiguous United States, Mount
Whitney, is just 76 miles (123 km) west of Death Valley.) At 282 feet (86 m) below sea
level, Death Valley shares most of the characteristics found in other places around the
world that lie below sea level. Generally, the lower the altitude of a place, the higher the
temperatures tend to be. This is especially true in Death Valley, due to the mountains
that encircle the valley. The valley radiates extreme amounts of heat, creating
temperatures that are among the hottest on earth. The hottest temperature ever
recorded in the United States was 134 °F (56.7 °C) at Furnace Creek on July 10, 1913.

«~» The highest average high temperature in July is 116 °F (47 °C) with temperatures
of 122 °F (50 °C) or higher being very common. The valley receives less than 2 in (50
mm) of rain annually. The Amargosa River and Furnace Creek flow through the valley,
disappearing into the sands of the valley floor.

«~» While very little rain falls in Death Valley, the valley is prone to flooding during
heavy rains because the soil is unable to absorb the bulk of the water. The runoff can
produce dangerous flash floods. In August 2004, such flooding occurred, causing two
deaths and shutting down the national park.
« ~ » 'For the 'Wikipedia Encyclopedia' Full Article, 'Other Links' and 'Photos'
. . . «CLICK HERE»
------------------
May God Bless
KC