Speedometer Repair Tucson? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
jrarriola

Default Speedometer Repair Tucson?

About 30 miles before we arrived in Tucson we stopped for a few minutes & when I started the coach my speedometer was not registering. I drove for a couple of miles, pulled over, turned the engine off & restarted it and everything was ok. When we arrived at Lazydays and I turned the engine off, when I restarted it, the speedometer needle went crazy & bounced back and forth from 0 to 120! After we got parked I called Newell & they suggested there could be loose wires and that I should pull up the top part of my dash to check things on my own but I just don't want to do that because I'm not certain that I'd do any part of that hat trick correct! I checked with the repair center here at Lazydays and they do not have anyone available until the end of May to check this out! Does anyone know of a speedometer repair service I could use in the Tucson area? I'm here until Wednesday not the end of May! Thanks for any and all assistance!

Jim
2000 Newell

"Thank God & Newell I'm Gone"!! Life is Good!
jrarriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
Neweller

TJ's Speedometer Repair
2100 N. Stone Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85705 » Map (520) 304-0242

Auto Tech Air Conditioning & Speedometer Repair

3719 S Palo Verde Rd, Tucson, AZ 85713 » Map (520) 704-6108

Cluster Fix Speedometer and Gauge Repair
Serving the Tucson Area. (888) 806-5544

Jim, the last one listed here (Cluster Fix) show's open til 6 pm on Saturday. Call them right now and see what they say. I agree what Newell Service is saying, it is probably a simple loose connection as those are electronic. I've had the little nuts come loose before. I have a new VDO one I may be able to dig out and take a picture for reference.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #3
MrE

Jim, if you have a smart phone you can download a GPS speedometer app for free. I have an android phone and downloaded Android-Speedometer and it has all kinds of other information than just your speed. It also offers HUD (heads up display) for your viewing pleasure.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
jrarriola

Thanks guys for the quick responses! Ken I got back to the coach too late to call before they closed but will give them a call first thing Monday! Jon thanks for the info on the GPS Speedometer! That just might be my answer and if not at least I learned something new about my phone...which seems to be a daily event!! This site is just priceless isn't it. We're off to visit Pima Air & Space Museum today. What speedometer problem??!! Jim

"Thank God & Newell I'm Gone"!! Life is Good!
jrarriola is offline   Reply With Quote