LED Rope Lights? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
DavidBall

Default LED Rope Lights?

Does anybody have any info or suggestions on LED rope lights? (Personally, I like them. I like the way the whole place is lit up.) I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to get them or what kind to get? There are also 3/8" and 1/2". It seems the 1/2" use more watts per foot. OH, and by the way, I seen some definite difference in watts per foot and price per foot out there. (not sure if they are relative or not)
Any suggestions on where to find/get them is greatly appreciated!!

Getting illuminated,

David Ball

Old 09-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
NEWELLWIZARD

You can try ebay, or amazon. They also sell them at SailorSams-energy efficient selection of 12 Volt LED Lights, Bulbs & Rope Lights for boat & RV, plus quality marine appliances, dock products, boat shrink wrap and other items for marine, rv and home use. and Indoor/Outdoor Rope Light for your RV Awning - PPL Motor Homes. You are right pricing is all over the place.

NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #3
The Newell

I would go with a commercial brand if you are installing them in a place that would make it hard to replace later since the cheapos don't last that long. and 3/8" is all you need. I also want to point out for those folks not familiar with rope lighting, that not all rope lighting is LED. Some of the cheaper stuff is incandescent so make sure you know what your buying and double check once received.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
SharkRacing

It's even easier to conceal the newer strip lighting since its so flat. I will take some pictures of mine to share.

2005 45' Quad Slide
Featherlite Enclosed

The rest is too long to list.
SharkRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
SharkRacing

Pay attention to what Joseph is saying. I have been there and bought junk. Same goes with LED's there are a couple of manufactures here in the states that manufacturer the actuall LED's for others to build lighting with.

2005 45' Quad Slide
Featherlite Enclosed

The rest is too long to list.
SharkRacing is offline   Reply With Quote