Here is an interesting 1983 Newell for sale on ebay. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
Neweller

Default Here is an interesting 1983 Newell for sale on ebay.

Take a look at this deal. Not sure what the real deal is but it looks like it has been re-skinned and some honking moldings added up top and where it meets the lower basement. Definitely needs paint and some other attention. Windows look replaced but appear to be single-pane. Seller states it is 42' which is highly unlikely. Front bumper has a twist, shower has been reworked, A/C's are two different types and the tires could be dated even though they have good tread.

Not sure the story on her but I would say it has been stored for a little while and the price is definitely questionable for being an '82 Anyone know anything about her?

Class A Motorhome 1983 Newell Very Good Condition Must See in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
cdat

Nice looking coach, love the burl wood on the dash

cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 AM   #3
chockwald

I'm wondering what is up with the sides.....like someone else said, it appears to have been re-skinned, but why? I wouldn't think you would have to re-skin to put in new windows. I have a 36' 1982 Classic.....I have 6 basement doors on the drivers side including one large door (water bay)....this one has 7, including 2 large doors......I would say it is closer to 39, or 40' max. I would think there would be a tag at 42'. Not impressed with the interior changes.

My dash looks the same as that one, except this one has updated gauges.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #4
NewellCrazy

I spoke with the owner by phone just inquiring for another family member of mine that is interested in a Newell. I will give you a hint about it's siding. It was replaced because there was a propane tank placed inside with a match so I think you can guess what happened which is why it needed new sides and interior. Reason being was the original owner didn't want his wife getting his coach in their divorce. It came from Florida and when the guy passed away this gentleman ended up with it. He said he thought the new walls are fiberglass with single pane windows. But then again he said they riveted the front and rear panels to the new sides and wasn't sure if that would be possible if it were fiberglass. Tires are dated and will need replaced, but he thought they would be good to go. Exterior will need paint etc.

Supposedly the interior was completely removed, new walls sections put into place and then it was all put back together.

The seller was trying to tell me the original cost was 800K back then which there is no way but I couldn't argue with the guy. He told me that obviously I don't know that much about Newells but 4 of my family members own them .

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #5
jWolfe

The windows...
Old 04-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
rellick

Well I give the guy credit for rebuilding it, The seller says the furniture etc is original? There is no way it doesnt need attention. Now this one would have been a good candidate for slides if they gutted the inside and had to re skin the sides.
His price would sound better if there were!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
JustDustin

IMO it needs a better description in the ad. And it still needs a lot of interior work...he is asking to much.
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
Newell Attack

I agree, Seller is shooting for the moon with his asking price. Maybe someone should call and offer 6K. How do you know it was rebuilt to factory specifications? You don't which to me majorly devalues his make shift Newell.

Jeff

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
MrE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewellCrazy View Post
The seller was trying to tell me the original cost was 800K back then which there is no way but I couldn't argue with the guy. He told me that obviously I don't know that much about Newells but 4 of my family members own them .
Maybe he'll lower his price to something reasonable if we send him a link to this thread? That way we could ask him what specs he reconstructed the walls to and if he used 7 layer marine grade plywood like the Newell factory did in 1982. I'm sure that he would be able to enlighten all of us with his vast knowledge of Newells.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #10
Neweller

Jeff, there are a few question on this one for sure. I'm not even sure how one places a rightful value on it. I believe I have a great understanding of Newell values, but this one is quite a different animal unless like you said the factory had done the work. I wouldn't say the factory had to do the work, it's just the particulars involved are really beyond any norm. Was this an insurance deal or just a hap-hazard kind of thing or what. This baby could eventually belong to a future owner of this community and we wouldn't want anyone getting a downright screwing of any kind or not knowing what they may be getting themselves into. If the sides were put together with fiberglass, then to me, it is no longer a Newell, since the factory has never built one this way.

How does this seller derive at his value and what does he really know about this coachJ I think if the factory had built and installed the sides, it would be unique like a couple of the AJ Foyt coaches and be worth a few pennies more.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
MrE

Re-listed, same price, same description and same pictures. Does he expect a different result? If so he must work for the same company that I do.

Class A Motorhome 1983 Newell Very Good Condition Must See in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #12
Neweller

He's not taking advantage of his complimentary re-list though. He should just try starting it at zero and put a reserve on it to see what the market will bear. If he gave me a huge discount on it I could take and add slides to it for $hits and grins. They would have to be mid-room slides because due to the wheel humps.

-Bob Marley
Old 05-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
MrE

It's re-listed and at $6,600 (reserve not met). And now he's comparing his to this one.

Last Chance for Sale (This is a Steal)
Or Call and make me an offer
1983 Newell Class A Motorhome
The Newell Motor coaches are hard to find

Newell was a top of the line Motorcoach, this could be considered as a collectors edition. Must See, This won't last long at this price. It is priced to sell
903 cummins motor and Allison Transmission
Everything Inside is new except for the cabinets, Carpet, seats, furniture and bed, Windows and everything new, must see, Air ride was all just fixed. Self leveling. Many awnings on each side.
Please see pictures. Outside will need paint, but it is not too bad. Runs good and can drive away. Has 4 cylinder diesel generator. Have complete Manual. Any questions feel free to call me before bidding. Thanks for looking
You can reach me. Gregg 574-876-2570 Buyer is responsible for pick up. I can deliver but Buyer will be responsible for all cost involved.
I Have lowered the price on this for quick sale, this is going to be sold AS IS Because of the lowered price.
I purchased this and only used it a couple of times, Because of circumstances I have to sell this. I have been ill and had a house fire that I'm still fighting with insurance company, so to save my house this must go. These Newell Motor Coaches are hard to find and you won't get a better deal.
This is your last chance to purchase or it goes to auction after this listing. Thanks
I will be posting more pictures of the inside and the carpet tomorrow, like i said everything inside is new except for the cabinets.

[HR][/HR]On May-09-13 at 18:08:00 PDT, seller added the following information:
This motor coach would sell for scrap at 4 to 5 thousand dollars and this runs and has new interior. It is a steal at this price, I didn't want to sell it but I have no choice. This is the absolute last time it will be listed for sale. Please check with a dealer that knows Newell Motor coaches. If you are serious about buying it please bid now or make your offer before it is too late.
[HR][/HR]On May-09-13 at 18:21:14 PDT, seller added the following information:1983 Newell Coach ‘NOT THE CLASSIC YOU EXPECT’ « Luxury Coach Classifieds : Luxury Motorcoaches for Sale, Luxury Motorhomes for Sale, Luxury RVs for Sale check this out and others and you can see what these are going for these are built tough and Newell is top of the line..This is less than a 4th of what the one in this ad is going for same year.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 05-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #14
NewellCrazy

Those 2 Newells are not even in the same league. It might bring 10K if he's lucky.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote